Storing Winter Items
Spring is a time of renewal, and for many people, that means packing away their winter items and making room for lighter, brighter clothing and accessories. However, it’s important to store your winter items properly to ensure that they stay in good condition until you need them again next winter. Here are a few tips to help you store your winter items for the spring:
- Clean everything before you store it. This includes coats, sweaters, hats, gloves, scarves, and boots. Make sure everything is clean and dry before you pack it away.
- Use proper storage containers. Plastic storage bins with tight-fitting lids are a good option for most winter items. You can also use garment bags for coats and dresses. Avoid using cardboard boxes or bags that could attract pests or moisture.
- Pack items carefully. Fold sweaters and other knitwear carefully to avoid stretching or misshaping them. Stuff boots with tissue paper or boot shapers to help them keep their shape.
- Store items in a cool, dry place. Avoid storing your winter items in damp basements or attics, as moisture can damage fabrics and attract pests. Instead, choose a closet or storage area that is cool and dry.
- Check on your items periodically. Even if you’ve stored your winter items carefully, it’s a good idea to check on them periodically throughout the spring and summer to make sure they haven’t been damaged or become musty.
By following these simple tips, you can ensure that your winter items stay in good condition until you need them again next winter. With a little bit of care and attention, you can make sure that your winter wardrobe is ready and waiting for you when the weather turns cold once again.
This post was written by a professional at Greenbar Storage. Greenbar Storage has a wide range of storage units available in Prineville, Oregon. They offer a variety, including ground-level access, security cameras, 24/7 accessibility, and parking spaces. Locally owned and operated, we are the best choice for convenient and clean storage solutions in the Prineville, Oregon region. All of our commercial storage clients accept deliveries from businesses.